Things you should know
Hand Dyed Yarns: 98% of the yarns we carry are hand dyed. We will do our best to ensure that you receive the same dye lot if one is listed on the yarn label. Variations will naturally exist, even within the same dye lot, for hand dyed yarns. Please alternate between 2-3 skeins for optimal color blending. We recommend that you order at least one more skein than you think you need for a project. We cannot guarantee that a particular color/base/dye lot will be in stock if you run out. We cannot guarantee exact color matches between in-stock and pre-ordered yarns.
Yarn Care: We recommend that you hand-wash all finished projects regardless of yarn label. We sale Soakwash for this purpose, but any soap designed for hand-knits will do. (Place item(s) in cool water with about a cap full of Soak distributed evenly. Let sit for 15-20min. Carefully remove item(s), pressing out water into a towel. Then lay flat to dry. Do not allow wet items to hang. The weight of the water will stretch them out. If you choose to machine wash Super-wash yarns, do so on hand-wash/gentle cycle, cold water, in a lingerie bag, re-shape and lay flat to dry. You've put a lot of work into your projects. Treat them with the respect they deserve.
Rewards Program: Our rewards program was initiated on April 2, 2018. In order to earn points you must sign up for the program and be signed into your account for online purchases. For in store purchases, inform us at time of checkout that you are part of the rewards program. Points do not accrue retroactively, and refunds will be subtracted from earned points.
Rescheduling: Currently we allow students to reschedule lessons missed due to conflicts, holidays, emergencies, etc. If you need to reschedule/postpone a lesson, call and or/email us ahead of time. Occasionally classes may need to be rescheduled by the instructor. If this is the case, you will be notified.
Receipts: We care about the environment. Store receipts are sent by email or text only. We do not print paper receipts.
Gift Cards: Gift cards are sent digitally, by email only, to the email address of your choosing, and do not include a name. They can then be printed if you desire. The QR code from your gift card can be scanned from your smart phone so that printing is unnecessary.
Special orders/Pre-orders: Check our Bulk Discount page for the list of companies that we make special orders from. Though most special orders are received within 3 weeks, this time frame is approximate and not a guarantee. Dyer schedules and shipping times will vary. Order ahead of schedule and give yourself enough leeway for delays. You will be notified the day your yarn arrives. Note: We cannot guarantee exact color matches between in-stock and pre-ordered yarns. Orders that include both pre-order and in-stock items will ship all together when the pre-order item is ready. If you’d like in-stock items sooner, please place a separate order, or notify us by phone or email. We will not issue refunds on special orders unless we do not receive the yarn.
Discounts: Occasionally we hold store-wide sales on our products. Discount codes will be posted on the front page of our website, on social media, and via email and can be applied at checkout. Orders of 5 skeins or more receive 15% off as part of our bulk discount program. Discounts do not apply to classes, consignment, or trunk shows unless otherwise noted at time of sale.
Refunds: Classes/lessons/workshops will not be refunded unless cancelled by instructor. If there is a family emergency, or other such emergency, classes can be rescheduled or exchanged for other classes.
- If multiple product refunds have been issued in less than a month, you will have the option to exchange or receive store credit only. (This will last for a period of 60 days thereafter from last processed refund)
- Items returned in original condition, unwound, unopened and unused are eligible for refund within 21 days of purchase. Exchange or store credit only after 21 days.
- No returns or exchanges on Soak Wash, Lotion, Candles, trunk show merchandise, or Custom Knitted Pieces.
- Exchange or store credit only for custom dyeing. Refunds will not be issued for custom dyeing.
- Exchange or store credit only for knitting needles and crochet hooks. Refunds will not be issued.
- Clearance and sale items will not be refunded. You have the option to exchange or receive store credit only.
- Refunds will not be processed on club subscriptions if you forget to cancel in time. Exchange or store credit only for club yarn.
- Digital items (such as patterns, gift cards etc.) will not be refunded.
- Depending on your method of payment, it may take a couple of business days for you to see the refund in your account.
Exchanges and Returns: To be eligible for return, items must be unwound, unused, in the original packaging, and in the same condition you received them. Please ship your item for return or exchange with a return shipping label. Contact us to receive a return shipping label which will include tracking. Please allow adequate time to receive your package. Upon receipt and inspection of your returns, we will process the exchange, store credit, or refund.
Shipping policy: Orders on in-stock items will be processed within 3 business days unless the store is closed. Pre-orders will ship when they arrive. Club packages will ship on their scheduled dates. All domestic packages are shipped USPS First Class unless over 1lb, in which case they are shipped USPS Priority. Domestic shipping is free and includes tracking. International shipping is $10.
- US orders typically take 3-5 business days to arrive after they are processed. Delivery times vary based on your location.
- International orders shipped via International Air (no tracking) will vary depending on the destination country, but typically take anywhere between 2-4 weeks for arrival. Parcels shipped via First-Class International (with tracking) take on average 10-14 business days.
- Any customs fees are the responsibility of the recipient. Your package will be marked as merchandise and include an invoice. It is illegal for us to mark your purchase as a “gift”.
- Club members receive 15% off in store and online with their special code.
- We want you to enjoy your club experience. If you do not like the colors sent to you, then you have the option to exchange or receive store credit for club yarn.
- Each club has its own rules for what is included in your surprise package. Please read your specific subscription club page for details and ship dates.