Cocoknits Tools, Notions and Accessories
Intelligently designed for Makers, by Makers. Premium craft tools for the delight of Making.
Tape Measure: in Sea Glass, Mustard Seed, Wild Rose & Storm (aqua, yellow, pink & grey). The bright colors will ensure you can always find it in your project bag. Bendable metal tape measures both inches and cm/mm (78"/2 m long), and has a metal tab on the end.
- Made from PLA, a 100% biodegradable plant fiber.
- No locking mechanism, 100% plastic-free, (this product can get wet; it is NOT water soluble)
- Packaged individually in a linen drawstring bag.
Jumbo Colored Ring Stitch Markers: Soft palette of 6 rainbow colors perfect for Super Bulky projects! Can be used with the Cocoknits method worksheet.
- Made of nylon coated steel.
- Accommodates up to US 19/16mm needle, 5 each of 6 colors
Knitter's Keep: Stop losing your notions everywhere! Contain all of your knitting tools while traveling. This slap-bracelet fits everyone. You can wear it, or simply drop it in your knitting tool bag to keep all the tools together – or even unfurl it and push the magnet to one end to use it as a straight edge while reading down a pattern.
Use it for sewing (it’s great for holding pins!), holding paper clips, hairpins (especially while doing hair for weddings!), nails and screws, or even for fly fishing!
- Silicone slap bracelet
- Brushed steel-plated magnet
- Has measuring lines for inches and centimeters on the underside
- Dimensions- bracelet: 10" × ¾" magnet: 1½" × 1½"
Holds our row counter, stitch markers, yarn snips etc. – any steel accessories will cling to the magnet
Perfect for sewists, hair and clothing stylists, fly fishers, or weekend warriors – keep nails, screws, pins and endless small items close at hand while creating
Colored Ring Stitch Markers Original: A super smooth, steel based, nylon coated marker in a rainbow of colors – that also stick to the Maker’s Keep or any magnet. An integral part of the Cocoknits Method, in which the knitter uses specific colors to mark sleeves, body, front left, front right, etc. which correspond to the same colors on the Cocoknits Method Worksheet.
- Original stitch markers accommodate up to US 13 / 9mm needle.
- 10 each of 6 colors
Stitch Fixer: A two-ended hook tool which makes it easier to pull up a dropped stitch. Made of steel so it will always be nearby on your Maker’s Keep or Magnetic Concrete Tray.
- Double-ended crochet hook
- US size D / 3 mm
- Length: 4" / 10 cm
- Made of nickel plated steel
Knitting Row Counter: Translucent, matte-finish counter with magnified numbers, a lock, and a steel backing so it sticks to the Maker’s Keep.
- Constructed of high-quality, translucent polycarbonate
- Depress the top button to advance the numbers
- Reset the numbers by turning the side wheels
- Move the switch at the bottom to lock the row counter
Split Ring Markers: A simple open loop with a pointed leg that will nestle into your stitches and stay while you're working - easy to remove and reposition while crocheting or knitting - creating increases, counting rows or repeats, or working cables. The steel construction is sturdy but flexible so the opening can be adjusted to accommodate the size of yarn or collection of stitches being marked. And they are nylon coated steel like our other stitch markers, so they cling to the Maker's Keep or any magnet.
- Made of nylon coated steel
- 1/2 in X 5/8 in (1.27 cm X 1.5875 cm)
- 10 each of 6 colors
Check Your Gauge Cloth: Block your knits to your desired measurements with this thin cotton cloth, woven to 1" / 2.5cm square gingham. The thread is pre-treated before the fabric is woven to prevent stretching, shrinking, or distortion. Lay it under your knitted item to get straight edges and measurements.
- Material: 100% cotton
- One Cloth-Dimensions: 48" x 48"
- Tested for colorfastness
- Use this cloth under or over your hand-knits while blocking to ensure correct measurements. Gingham checks have been woven to 1" squares for use as a two-dimensional ruler.
- Lay the cloth under or over your hand-knits while blocking. Count the squares horizontally and vertically to ensure correct measurements of your project. Protect knits while steaming by placing the cloth between hand-knits and steamer or iron.
- Care: Hand wash in cold water. Hang dry.
Knitter's Block Set: First-time blockers are always amazed by the difference blocking makes to the final appearance of their knitting. After blocking, sweater parts lay flat, stitches even out, and what looked like a wild mess now behaves nicely. It’s like magic!
- Very low, lightly barbed pile (fabric covering gently grips your knitting without pilling or leaving fibers)
- Can be assembled in a variety of sizes from a square for sweater pieces, or a long rectangle for scarves to a triangle for shawls
- Thick backing of waterproof EVA
- Suitable for use on any surface since moisture won’t seep through
- Holds pins firmly in place
- Blocked items dry faster than with towels because the tiles don't absorb water
- Formamide and formaldehyde free
- Heat resistant
- Essential for steam blocking
- Compact blocks are stored in a sturdy 14”x14” bag
- Includes 18 interlocking, fiber-topped EVA foam tiles, each measures 12" × 12", 40 stainless steel T-PINS, 48" SQUARE COTTON CLOTH WOVEN with 1" square gingham to help measure your finished piece, and a sturdy jute bag to contain the kit
Bamboo Cable Needles: These bamboo cable needles are “stickier” than metal so the needle doesn’t slip out of your stitches as easily. The metal band around the center of the cable needles is slightly raised to help keep the needle from slipping out of your stitches while cabling or picking up stitches. The points are purposely blunt so that you can use a fingernail file or pencil sharpener to customize your preferred sharpness on the tips. We included 5 needles from US 2 through US 10.75 to give you a full range of sizes. We hope you love them!
- Material: bamboo and nickel plated steel so they stick to magnets
- Set includes one each of five sizes:
- US 2/2.75mm
- US 4/3.5 mm
- US 6/4 mm
- US 9/5.5 mm
- US 10.75/6.75 mm
- Needles can be used to work cables in any knitting project.
- Can be used with the Maker's Keep magnetic bracelet
Cocoknits Sweater Worksheet Journal: The Sweater Worksheet is an integral part of the COCOKNITS METHOD. In order to track the creation and progress of a seamless yoke, the knitter fills in the increases as instructed in the pattern, then knits from the Worksheet. The Worksheet has areas for additional information such as the pattern name, size you knitted, gauge, needles and yarn used. The COCOKNITS SWEATER WORKSHOP book includes one Worksheet in the back which you can photograph, store, and print as a jpeg. The advantage of the Worksheet Journal is that it creates a history of all the sweaters you make, including any customizations or tweaks. This way, you end up with a whole collection of sweater patterns customized just for you – and if you decide to knit another, your worksheet is already filled out and ready to knit!
- Includes 24 blank Worksheets
- Use with color-coordinated stitch markers
Cocoknits Sweater Workshop Book: The Cocoknits Method brings together a distinct system for knitting top-down, seamless sweaters with streamlined designs that women will actually wear – and have the time to knit.
- With eight new designs, this book expands on the simple, seamless, top-down styling we’ve come to expect from Cocoknits.
- This book explains the Cocoknits Method – a system of tracking knitting progress in your own easy to follow customized worksheet. Unlike most traditional patterns that create flat shapes, the tailored style of construction in these patterns creates truly three dimensional garments that impart a great fit upon completion.
- All designs are worked from the neckline down, so once the neck and yoke area are established, the knitter can just cruise through generating the sweater and not worry about counting or losing track of their place in the pattern. Another advantage of knitting top-down is the ability to try on your garment as you work, to ensure the fit is right.
- The book contains a dedicated section of an in-depth guide to choosing the right patterns for your figure type with considerations for colorwork, textured stitches, and hemlines all working in concert to create the right silhouette for you.
- Link to yarn weight and yardage requirements here.