Countdown to the 10th Anniversary of the Chicago Yarn Crawl continues with 30% off!
Don't miss out!
Thursday 7/18 30% off until...
Tuesday 7/23 20% off unitl...
the Yarn Crawl starts July 27th with 10% off that whole week!
Dont delay, shop your favorites before the savings DISAPPEAR!
FREE gift with every purchase!
Please be aware that all shops adhere to the crawl guidelines, but that each shop is unique and may have additional guidelines. Please respect each shops unique and fun approach to the crawl!
GENERAL CRAWL GUIDELINES
1. Each shop will have a limited number of Passports to hand out for the crawl. Pick one up at our boutique or at your local yarn shop to start your crawl! Passports are free for participants. Make sure to get your passport stamped at each shop. The more stamps you acquire, the more raffles you can enter!
2. Each shop will have a limited number of Yarn Crawl bags and Enamel pins available for purchase. Yarn Crawl bags are $10 each, and Pins are $8. Make sure to pick up your Yarn Crawl bags and Enamel pins before they run out! (Pro tip: You can pre-order both here before the Crawl starts!)
You will also be able to collect a free shop pin to add to your bag.
3. Each shop is offering a one time 10% discount on yarn purchases (sale items excluded), and a free exclusive store pattern. Patterns can only be picked up at each shop.
1. Each shop offers a chance to participate in a store raffle for a gift worth $100. Make sure to get your passport stamped and fill out the shop raffle ticket (available at each shop) to participate.
2. There are additional raffle prizes for visiting 5, 10, or 15 stores. When you have visited the 5, 10 or 15 stores, fill out the raffle ticket inside the Passport. Have the store verify that you have visited the stores. They will stamp that raffle ticket and cut it out. Leave this raffle ticket with the store. Local residents, please plan on picking up the grand prize at your local yarn store. Grand prizes will be mailed to out of state crawlers.
3. You do not have to be present to win a raffle prize. If you are an out-of-state winner, the prize will be mailed to you. Local residents, please plan on picking up your prize at the store.
4. The names of the prize winners will be drawn on August 26th. Please check Ravelry and/or Facebook for the winners. Please note that by participating in the crawl, you give your permission to print your name on Ravelry and Facebook.
How to Participate
Participating in the Chicago Yarn Crawl is easy! Grab your passport, map out your route, and get ready for a yarntastic adventure!
SOME TIPS FOR FIRST TIME CRAWLERS
You can pick up your Chicago Yarn Crawl Passport from our boutique or any of the participating shops. Keep this with you during your crawl, and have each shop stamp your passport. The more stamps you get, the more raffles you can enter!
Don't forget to pick up your 2019 10th Anniversary Chicago Yarn Crawl Bag and Enamel pin! These are limited, so be sure to check with us (or your local shop) about availability.
Check out the event calendar at www.chicagoyarncrawl.com! There are many classes, workshops, and events happening during the Yarn Crawl. It's a great way to meet designers, learn something new, and meet new yarn buddies!
Each shop offers a free original pattern that is only available in store. Pro-tip: bring a folder to store your patterns!
Don't forget to eat! Check out the Dining Tips page to plan your meal breaks.
WHAT IS THE CHICAGO YARN CRAWL?
The Chicago Yarn Crawl is one week each year where Chicagoland yarn shops come together for the fiber enthusiasts dream! This year, 21 unique shops come together to create a yarn journey! Each store is offering a one time 10% discount on yarn purchases (sale items excluded), free exclusive store patterns and a chance to participate in a store raffle for a gift worth $100. This is your opportunity to visit the many yarn stores in Chicago to look, touch and get inspired!
Pick up a free passport at a participating yarn store. Take the passport to each store you visit for a stamp!
The yarn crawl passport is your gateway through the Yarn Crawl! Each booklet is filled with information on participating stores, their location and store hours during the crawl. Present it as each store for their unique stamp. The passport also contains your raffle tickets for the Grand Raffle.
Each store has their own raffle basket. To enter into a store's raffle basket, pick up a ticket at the store!
There are additional grand raffle prizes for visiting 5, 10, or 15 stores. When you have visited the 5, 10 or 15 stores, fill out the raffle ticket inside the Passport. Have the store authenticate the ticket with a stamp. Cut out the ticket and leave it with the store.
The winning names will be drawn on August 26, 2019. Local residents, please plan on picking up prizes at your local yarn store. Only out of state winners will be mailed their prize.
You do not have to buy anything to be entered into the raffle. But of course, buying is encouraged!
The GRAND RAFFLE:
You don't need to make a purchase to be entered into the grand raffle, but you do have to qualify to enter according to the guidelines in the Yarn Crawl Passport.
Each store will contact the winner of the store raffle prize directly. The names of winners will also be posted on Facebook and Ravelry. Your participation in the raffle is your permission to post your name on-line.
You will be notified by phone or email and the names of winners will be posted on Facebook and Ravelry. Each prize from the sponsors will be mailed directly to the winner’s home. Please check Ravelry or Facebook for more specific information.