In this series, a gorgeous sampler shawl is knit as a wearable showcase of your lace skills. Each section focuses on a technique to broaden your understanding of this genre. The 9 sections include classic favorites, original designs, and even some beading! Learn to read charts and block your lace with confidence.
Lace basics, Japanese stitches, Double yarn over, Cables and Lace, Beads, Smocking stitch, Circular design, Nupps, Lace pattern on both sides.
Class is held Saturdays 12pm - 1pm
Class limit is 4 students. 7yrs to adult. *Children must be old enough to sit comfortably focused and intent on learning for an hour.*
(This class is at your own pace) Jump in any time! Classes are held in person at our yarn shop on Saturdays 12pm-1pm.
*Virtual lessons are always available for those who wish.*
- 274yds of Sport weight yarn per block or 1,370yds total (animal fibers preferred to block properly)
- US 6 24" circular needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- 0.75mm or 1mm crochet hook for bead placement, and a 4mm crochet hook
- 628 No. 6 seed beads (beads are added in section 5) inquire in shop about choosing beads
- Waste yarn for lifelines and provisional cast on (Should be smooth, non fuzzy, in a contrasting color and similar yarn weight)
- Removable stitch markers
- Cable needle (metal or bamboo)
- Tapestry needle
You need to be able to cast on, knit, purl and bind off.
Jump in any time!
Save BIG and receive the project book and a bonus finishing lesson when you pre-pay for all lessons in the series.
(This class is at your own pace)
**Health Compliance: Our instructors are fully vaccinated. In order to keep other students safe, we require that all students be fully vaccinated and provide verification of vaccination dates. Start date of your class must be at least 2 weeks after vaccination. N95/KN95 Masks are required throughout the class and hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry. (We will have extra KN95 masks on hand) If you have a fever, cold or flu-like symptoms, are not feeling well, or have been exposed to someone with these symptoms, please notify us and do not attend the session.**