Become super fast and efficient in knitting up a pair of cozy socks!
Two at a time toe up socks are fast, create perfect matching stripes, and make efficient use of yarn.
We’ll even teach you how to knit your socks without looking! You just might find yourself with a pair always on the needles after this class.
Portrait artist, Faith Humphrey Hill utilizes both knitting and digital drawing to create layered artwork that is colorful and expressive.
Artist’s website: www.dartily.com
Skill level: Beginner, Previous experience with the knit and purl stitch required.
Materials: Purchase yarn and needles at Dye Hard Yarns (10% off class supplies)
● Benefits of two a time toe up sock knitting
● Tips and suggestions for project organization and portability (preferred resources including DHY project bags)
● Cast on
● Toe Shaping
● Knitting the foot without looking
● Turning the heel (optional learn mirror knitting to work the short row heel)
● Finishing the leg while practicing knitting without looking.
Class runs with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 10.
Course is 3 sessions and runs from Feb 1, 2020 through May 31,2020
Teaching Artist general availability
specific dates to be arranged in advance of class:
Monday evenings between 7:00-9:00
Tuesday evenings between 7:00-9:00
Wednesday mornings between 10:00-12:00
Saturday mornings between 10:00-12:00
(Leave requested day and time in notes at checkout)