Learn the efficient technique of mirror knitting (aka: backwards knitting). This technique involves knitting stitches from the left needle to the right needle and then back again from right to left needle without turning your work.
It’s a helpful technique for short rows, large projects that are heavy to rotate and colorful yoke cardigans that you don’t need to steek! This technique is easily interchangeable with other techniques in a single project.
In this beginner workshop participants will learn about stitch structure and how to achieve mirror knitting in both the English and Continental knitting styles.
Portrait artist, Faith Humphrey Hill utilizes both
knitting and digital drawing to create layered artwork that is colorful and expressive.
Portrait artist, Faith Humphrey Hill utilizes both knitting and digital drawing to create layered artwork that is colorful and expressive.
Artist’s website: www.dartily.com
Skill Level: Beginner friendly. Understanding of the basic knit stitch necessary.
Materials: Purchase yarn and needles at Dye Hard Yarns (10% off class supplies)
● What is Mirror Knitting
● What are the applications for Mirror Knitting
● Explanation of stitch structure and how to read your stitches
● Handout: Mirror Knitting structure for both English and Continental methods of knitting.
● Mirror knitting lesson short rows
● 2nd class review of work done at home and intro to colorwork applications
● Mirror knitting lesson colorwork
● 3rd class review of work done at home and intro to designing your own colorworkdesigns at home
Class runs with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 10.
Course is 3 sessions and runs from Feb 1, 2020 through May 31,2020
Teaching Artist general availability
specific dates to be arranged in advance of class:
Monday evenings between 7:00-9:00
Tuesday evenings between 7:00-9:00
Wednesday mornings between 10:00-12:00
Saturday mornings between 10:00-12:00
(Leave requested day and time in notes at checkout)