In this series, a gorgeous sampler shawl is knit as a wearable showcase of your lace skills. Each section focuses on a technique to broaden your understanding of this genre. The 9 sections include classic favorites, original designs, and even some beading! Learn to read charts and block your lace with confidence.
Lace basics, Japanese stitches, Double yarn over, Cables and Lace, Beads, Smocking stitch, Circular design, Nupps, Lace pattern on both sides.
*Call to schedule* Classes are held in person at our yarn shop on Fridays at 6:30pm and Sundays at 11am. *Virtual lessons are always available for those who wish.*
- 274yds of Sport weight yarn per block or 1,370yds total (animal fibers preferred to block properly)
- US 6 24" circular needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- 0.75mm or 1mm crochet hook for bead placement, and a 4mm crochet hook
- 628 No. 6 seed beads (beads are added in section 5) inquire in shop about choosing beads
- Waste yarn for lifelines and provisional cast on (Should be smooth, non fuzzy, in a contrasting color and similar yarn weight)
- Removable stitch markers
- Cable needle (metal or bamboo)
- Tapestry needle
You need to be able to cast on, knit, purl and bind off.
Jump in any time!
Save 20% and receive the project book and a bonus finishing lesson when you pre-pay for all lessons in the series.
(This class is at your own pace)
*Covid Compliance: Our instructors are fully vaccinated and boosted. In order to keep other customers and students safe, we require that students must be fully vaccinated and boosted and provide verification of vaccination (and booster) dates. Start date of this class must be at least 2 weeks after booster dose. N95/KN95 or Surgical Masks are required throughout the class and hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry. If you have a fever, cold or flu-like symptoms, are not feeling well, or have been exposed to someone with Covid, please notify us and do not attend the session.