All available classes are taught via Zoom or other video media platform. Classes are held after store hours.
In this series, a gorgeous sampler shawl is knit as a wearable showcase of your lace skills. Each section focuses on a technique to broaden your understanding of this genre. The 9 sections include classic favorites, original designs, and even some beading! Learn to read charts and block your lace with confidence.
Lace basics, Japanese stitches, Double yarn over, Cables and Lace, Beads, Smocking stitch, Circular design, Nupps, Lace pattern on both sides.
Purchase materials at Dye Hard Yarns:
- 274yds of Sport weight yarn per block or 1,370yds total (animal fibers preferred to block properly)
- US 6 24" circular needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- 0.75mm or 1mm crochet hook for bead placement, and a 4mm crochet hook
- 628 No. 6 seed beads (beads are added in section 5)inquire in shop about choosing beads
- Waste yarn for lifelines and provisional cast on (Should be smooth, non fuzzy, in a contrasting color and similar yarn weight)
- Removable stitch markers
- Cable needle
- Tapestry needle
Take 15% off class materials.
You need to be able to cast on, knit, purl and bind off.
Jump in any time!
Save 20% and receive the project book and a bonus finishing lesson when you pre-pay for all lessons in the series.
(This class is at your own pace)