Market bags are fun to knit, perfect for grocery or yarn shopping, and make great gifts!
Learn to knit the Grrlfriend Market Bag by Laura Spradlin from the bottom up. Once you knit one, you'll want to make several! This is the perfect take-a-long project.
- 5 double pointed needles size 4-5-6
- 16” circular needle size 5-6-7-8
- 24” circular needle size 10-10.5-11
- Crochet hook G-H-I
- 100 - 150g fingering, sport, or worsted weight yarn (cotton, linen, hemp, other blends)
- Needles: choose a size in the range given that works with your yarn weight and preferred gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
Take 10% off class materials!
The finished size of your bag will depend on the size of your needles, weight of yarn used, and gauge achieved while knitting.
Techniques: Circular knitting, Double pointed needles, K2tog, YO, Kitchener/grafting, Emily Ocker’s Beginning
Basic knitting skills required.
4 one-hour lessons Sundays June 2nd, 9th, 23rd, and 30th from 12:30pm-1:30pm.
Weekday scheduling available, put requested day and time in notes.
(We are flexible, talk to us about rescheduling missed days)